Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The first of many.

Let me introduce you to "Back Up" Margrate.


She is around 7 years old and number one in her Standard 1 classroom. She speaks perfect English, Kiswahili, and Kikuyu. She is strong as an ox, she'll pick up a child twice her size, put them on her back and carry them across the yard. She is a constant source of entertainment. She is a skinny little thing with Big Bulging Muscles. She hasn't a kg of fat on her. She tends to be a bit bossy and is the self appointed chief of all children. None of the others dare to cross her. (that might explain her classroom postion)

I've never seen her cry, yet I've seen many times when she should have. This child is amazing. She is a bit silly on top of everything else.

I have been teaching her to pose for the camera. She in turn tells the others what to do when in front of the lens. I hope you enjoy the shots. I’ll add other children later. But she made me laugh so hard today, I just had to put a face to her name.